Rules are subject to change at any given time. It is your responsibility to stay up to date with the current rules. Feel Free to ask questions in the Support channel in our Discord!
RULE 1 | Player & Staff Respect
- Neither the forum nor the server is a place for religious, political, or otherwise sensitive off-topic discussions. Remember that we are a community of all races, religions, nationalities, etc.
If a member asks you to stop, you must stop. This includes anything from OOC discussions to roleplaying in a manner that makes other players feel uncomfortable.
- Any roleplay that is deemed "extreme" is not allowed, this includes (but is not limited to) rape, slave, homophobic and racist roleplay. ANY sexual harassment will result in an IMMEDIATE permaban. ERP (Erotic RP) is allowed but do it privately! Stop if someone asks you.
- If you are planning to RP a situation that is deemed borderline extreme, such as torture or imprisonment, you MUST always get the other persons consent by using the in-game OOC chat.
- (PLEASE DO NOT DM OR TAG THE OWNERS ON DISCORD WITHOUT PERMISSION)
- Do not spam in-game chat, forums or discord. This also includes never posting malicious, hurtful, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate web links, images, or videos.
- Disrespect of any staff member, regardless of rank, will be punished.
RULE 2 | Account Responsibility & Player Names
- As the owner of a whitelisted account (FiveM and Discord) you have full responsibility of any actions done with the account.
- Any access to your account is deemed accountable to you and will be dealt with as such.
- Use racist or offensive names
- Advertise anything (including streaming accounts) in your name
- Be logged into the city while under the influence of any type of mind altering substance. Doing so will be considered at your own risk and any actions/rule breaking will not be dismissed.
- No Chinese, Russian or foreign characters in the name. This includes special characters such as * and ‘. (Your steam name should only consist of A to Z and 0 to 9.)
Access to an account without consent is a different matter entirely if you can provide proof that your account has been compromised and used in an abusive manner, the staff team will endeavor to support you in a manner that is deemed fit.
RULE 3 | Discord Communication
Inciting drama or otherwise acting irrational, angry, agitated or upset, be it in-game or in the community discord/website, is a breach of the rules. You are expected to handle your emotions and opinions in a suitable manner, and you will be treated equally regardless of rank, role or standing within the community.
It is important to note that this ruling is not meant to encroach on your ability to have an opinion, it is, however, important that you voice your opinions in an appropriate manner via the appropriate channels, voicing opinions without context or information and doing so in the wrong channels will be considered as drama inciting and will be acted on as such.
This ruling does not include in character drama. PLEASE keep character drama in-game.
RULE 4 | Meta Gaming
Players, including officers & EMS, are not allowed to use a player's ID number to find another player behind buildings, inside vehicles with tinted windows, "recognize" or otherwise notice an individual.
- You must stay in character at all times on BBRP servers. This means no going out-of-character (OOC) on the radio/in-game chats, as well. Message people on Steam, Discord, or other methods if you need to, but keep it all in-character (IC) when playing on BBRP. (This Includes Twitter)
- Abuse a player’s stream to gain an advantage or otherwise track a player down.
- Use a player's name/player ID # when reporting them to police during in-game interactions UNLESS your character is aware of the individual's name.
- Use real-life knowledge against another player that your in-game character does not know.
- Refer to players by their player ID # or Steam ID in the city.
- Sharing information between your own characters is forbidden. It is also forbidden to ask someone IC or OOC to give information to another one of your characters. This should happen organically.
RULE 5 | Powergaming
Our definition of power-gaming is the abuse of in-game mechanics that gives a player an unrealistic advantage that benefits the player(s).
- Constantly spam the bank in order to gain a monetary advantage. (see bank rule)
- Drag people while they are downed for hostage situations or run while you are dragging someone.
- Pull a long gun (rifle/shotgun) from your clothing if you are wearing "regular" (T-shirt & jeans) clothes or no clothing at all.
- If you are wearing a long coat, you are allowed to carry medium-sized weapons (ie. a sawed-off shotgun or a small SMG).
- If you are wearing a duffle bag, you are allowed to carry long guns. Players may also exit a vehicle and pull a long rifle from their car with a /me command indicating you are pulling out a weapon. This is not allowed if you are on foot or nowhere near a vehicle.
- Use small arms (pistols) to take down larger vehicles such as the helicopters and armoured SWAT vehicles.
- Taze a player through any rolled-up window/windshield/back window of a vehicle or through the windows of a building.
- Impersonate Police or EMS officials using official uniforms and claiming whitelisted job status.
- Share cash between your characters.
- Abuse any form of game mechanic.
- Use any 3rd party programs to have a crosshair or red dot, of any kind. (This Offense will be issued a warning, then after any instances, it will be a Perma with an appeal needed)
- Abuse garages to repair your vehicle, instead of an on-duty or local mechanic.
- Purposefully tweet from your other character’s Twitter account.
- Abuse the spawn point feature in any way or form, such as fleeing from RP scenes or teleporting across the map. This will result in an immediate warning.
RULE 6 | FailRPDo Not:
- Punch, shoot, taze, tackel, use emotes or steal a car while handcuffed.
- Call for police or request cover as an officer if your phone/radio has been taken, or if you are downed.
- Take the Flight of Life when being treated by an EMS/LEO.
- Use a gun/radio/telephone after someone has said or used a /me command to indicate they have "taken away" your gun/radio/telephone.
- Go to locations that you would otherwise have a difficult time entering. (such as the military bases, aircraft carriers, etc.) Exceptions to this can be discussed with a moderator.
- Steal military equipment and vehicles.
- Partaking in illogical or otherwise unrealistic activities, such as storming the Sheriff’s Office and holding the whole building at gunpoint demanding that an individual is released.
- Drive in a continually unsafe/unrealistic manner (like in "GTA Online")
- Excessively talk after being downed. Do not use your radio/phone while downed. Do not continue to have a normal conversation as if everything is normal after you have been nearly killed.
- Go into a radio channel/Stream/Discord channel etc. to request a revive.
- Ask server admins for a revive.
- Use vehicles that are weaponized and/or flyable cars.
- Hide on rooftops of stores while robbing it.
- Drive motorcycles into buildings for the purpose of a heist.
RULE 7 | Random Deathmatch & Vehicle Deathmatch
It is forbidden for players to kill each other with little to no roleplay. This includes the use of vehicles.
Before a player can kill another player, all players must be engaged in roleplay.
Immediately punch, shoot, maim, kill, or otherwise injure another player/police without in-character interaction. Run over, clip, or slam your vehicle into another player(s) without any justification or in-character interaction. Ramming of other vehicles, within roleplay, is allowed.
RULE 8 | Realistic Behavior
All players shall conduct themselves in a realistic manner. Despite game mechanics, it is the player's responsibility to act "realistic." If struck by a moving vehicle at a high rate of speed, you are not in real life going to get up and ''walk it off''.
- Continue driving after your vehicle has collided with a light pole, building, or other hard structure/item after going approx. 40 MPH and up.
- Immediately jump up and start shooting or fighting when EMS revives your character.
- While handcuffed, jump into the driver's seat of a vehicle and drive away. You are permitted to run while handcuffed, but you cannot jump fences, walls, punch or pull out a firearm. Other players, however, are allowed to attempt to break you out of police custody (UNLESS YOU ARE IN A GREEN ZONE)
- If tazed more than two times while running from an officer, you must stop running.
RULE 9 | Green Zones
Green Zones are classified as areas where PVP (attacking other players) is NOT allowed. Fighting/killing/gang activity in these areas will result in consequences.
- First offence: Warning.
- Second offence: 24-hour ban.
These locations include the airport spawn in as well as inside and the immediate outside of Police Stations, inside Hospitals, inside the Bolingbroke Penitentiary (Yard is permitted), and Special Event locations (unless otherwise explicitly stated).
You MAY NOT enter into hostile RP at these locations.
You MAY NOT break out players who are cuffed IN THE HOSPITAL.
RULE 10 | Combat Logging
Combat logging is forbidden. Do not do it under any circumstance.Do Not:
First Offense will be a Warning
Second Offense will be a Kick from the server
Third Offense will be a 24hr Ban
Any more, You will be Perma Banned and have to appeal on the website.
- Log off when killed
- Log off when being put into prison
- Log off to avoid being killed or to avoid prison
- Log off during a firefight or other life or death fight
- Log off while fleeing from the police
- Log off when you are about to be punished by a staff member
- Log off to avoid being kidnapped or taken hostage by another player.
If you are disconnected from the server on accident or due to a game glitch and you were in the process of being arrested/detained, your character is still in police custody. You must turn yourself in to the police as soon as possible.
RULE 11 | New Life Rule & DOA
- If a player is able to receive medical help and be revived, the player will reemmber everything about the encounter that led to their incapactiation.
- If there are no EMS available and you are not taken to get medical attention, you must respawn, (Take the flight). In addition, you are required to forget any events that led to your incapacitation.
- Do NOT immediately go from the hospital on a revenge mission to track down the person who stabbed/shot/injured you.
- You must take 10-15 real-life minutes to recover before considering going after those who hurt your character.
No player shall decide if another is dead. you can not *kill* (Perma/DOA) someone else's character without the player's consent. If a player decides his/her character is dead, the character will be taken to the morgue at which point they will delete the character.
RULE 12 | Whitelisted Jobs
It is against the server rules to shoot, rob, kidnap, and/or maim any EMS who is on duty.
LEO & EMS are not to be corrupt in any way.
- Examples of this but not limited to:
- Selling police weapons to criminals
- Giving gun licenses to criminals
- Allowing criminals to go without punishment
Mechanics are not allowed to:
- Sell Body kits
- Drive/Steal emergency vehicles without permission from the vehicle’s owner
- Respond to a mechanic call with the sole intent of killing/maiming/kidnapping the player.
If you have any questions on the proper code of conduct for your whitelisted job, contact your supervisor.
All guidance that needs to be followed can be found under the Organizations & Clubs section on the website..
RULE 13 | Whitelist Job-baiting
It is forbidden for players to bait officers, EMS, mechanics, taxi drivers or lawyers. If a state trooper or EMS is busy with an active scene such as a bank robbery or treating a downed player, be sure to let them finish.
- Rubberneck and stop in the middle of the road just to do burnouts, honk your horn, or do other things that would be considered annoying while an officer is on a traffic stop or speaking with another player.
- Intentionally interfere with normal roleplay to cause trouble for the police. This would include officers dealing with a bank robbery, a pursuit, or other incidents and players that continue to get in the way or cause issues, just so that they can get attention from the police.
- Intentionally hit, ram, shoot, or otherwise act inappropriately toward police personnel without engaging in proper role play.
- Intentionally call for a mechanic or taxi to kill, maim, kidnap or take them hostage.
The crowding of a bank robbery scene will be considered cop-baiting, and players who turn up to a bank after a robbery is in progress and cause problems for officers will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
RULE 14 | Heist/Robbery Rules
- Do not use your friend as a “fake” hostage.
- Hostages should be taken organically.
- 5 players max for a bank robbery, including hostages.
- EX: 4 Criminals and 1 hostage, 3 Criminals, and 2 hostages, etc.
- Do not ignore interaction with the police, “Smash and Grabs” are not allowed.
It is a breach of the rules to be committing crimes with more than 5 people at a single crime scene. If you wish to plan a bigger crime please contact a staff member as appropriate, to ensure it can be planned and completed in a fair manner. If you require clarification from a staff member, please do not hesitate to ask.
Coordinated robberies of multiple locations is not allowed.
RULE 15 | Gangs & Organized Crime
An elaborated version of the gang rules can be found in Discords #gang-rules section. Make sure to read them if you are planing to role play a character who is involved with gang activity.
You are welcome to create a gang, but it must be registered as an official gang and approved before operating as a gang. You may begin recruiting before the gang is approved, but you cannot commit crimes as a “gang” until it has been approved. Essentially, no gang wars before your gang application is accepted. The total gang member limit is currently 7. (This includes offline members as well.)
- A player is not allowed to have characters in more than one gang at a time.
- Specific guidelines that need to be followed by gangs can be found here .
- Property that a gang wishes to purchase will have to be done as per the property policy (the amount a gang can hold can be increased at the property managers discretion).
- Should two or more gangs become involved in a gang war, the numbers of attacking members must not exceed a 2:1 ratio of online gang members. Should you wish to plan anything bigger, you must seek staff approval, following the chain of command.
- If a gang member is injured and sent to the hospital due to injuries then you are not permitted to be involved in any gang crimes or wars for the next 60 minutes from your discharge.
RULE 16 | Body Cams
The usage of recordings/"body cam" footage and streams IN-GAME will be considered breaking character, due to the fact it breaks the following rules: Rule 4, 5, 6, and 8.
- “Body cam” footage from the Police departments.
- Audio recordings, video recordings, description of audio/visual content and the usage of footage via a live stream.
Please note that recordings are still accepted for OUT OF CHARACTER usage only, this includes player reports, highlight clips, proof of bugs, and proof for government refunds. You are also encouraged to live-stream and post highlights to YouTube and the #clips channel.
Weazel News is allowed to use footage from cameras, as long as it is recorded using the in-game Weazel News camera.
Temporary and permanent bans will be issued to players who break rules. The type of ban and ban period will be set according to the rule broken.